We’ve all done it before, checking our emails while waiting in line for coffee, getting onto the subway’s public network to see whether it was still raining or logging into the library’s Wi-Fi to catch up on work. However, when it comes to digital security, browsing on a public Wi-Fi networks is not a very safe practice, as it makes it simpler for hackers to get access to your device, potentially exposing personal information such as usernames, passwords, and bank account information.
Here comes the role of VPNs (Virtual Privacy Network). VPN encrypts your online traffic through a tunnel and changes your IP (Internet Protocol) address, making public Wi-Fi networks safe to use.
6 Best VPN Services for 2022
- NordVPN – Overall service is best
- ExpressVPN – Encryption is best
- Surfshark – Best for security
- IPVanish – Best for Android
- Private Internet Access VPN – Best VPN for Windows
- Ivacy – Best VPN for Travel
We were delighted to try NordVPN because it has over eight million clients worldwide, making it one of the most popular VPNs. Overall, it operates admirably, we were able to pirate movies and stream Netflix shows with no lag. We also like the fact that NordVPN is located in Panama, which is not a member of the Five Eyes, Nine Eyes, or 14 Eyes. NordVPN is a wonderful solution for anyone worried about privacy because the company can never be forced to disclose data legally.
- Unparalleled security intelligence;
- Unblocking is simple with this tool;
- With the NordLynx protocol, the services are much better;
- Subscriptions at a great price;
- A strict logging policy exists; and
- Applications are rated very highly by users.
- The user experience could be better;
- There are a few Netflix problems; and
- With the iOS app, the kill switch does not turn off all programs.
It’s no surprise that the majority of our digital security experts use iPhones and thankfully ExpressVPN is compatible with IPhones. ExpressVPN connected us quickly and the kill button ensured that we were still secure, even if our connection was disrupted. Apart from iPhones, ExpressVPN performs admirably on Mac and Windows laptops, and best of all, you will be able to connect to both public and private networks at the same time, which is useful when you are multi-tasking, which you are pretty much all of the time.
- There are no data retention rules;
- Netflix access;
- Excellent application ratings;
- Highly fast speeds on Windows;
- Strong encryption and unblocking capabilities; and
- Excellent live customer service available 24 hours.
- There are fewer simultaneous connections than with some other providers;
- High prices; and
- There is no phone support.
You will be able to use torrent and download movies and TV episodes without fear of retribution because of Surfshark. With unlimited devices per subscription, this VPN assigns you a distinct IP address each time you connect, making tracking considerably more difficult, however, staying with the same IP address is also an option. Surfshark is also based in a nation that is not a member of the Five Eyes, Nine Eyes, or 14 Eyes and it offers Netflix in addition to torrenting.
- Eye-catching prices;
- Coverage for an unlimited number of devices;
- To use, it’s a dream;
- Unblocking is excellent;
- Subscriptions for one or two years are available at a low rate; and
- Trial duration of 30 days.
- It doesn’t have the same speed as the top two;
- There is an odd problem with the kill switch; and
- There is no phone support available.
4. IP Vanish:
IPVanish performs excellently on Android devices, with strong encryption, fast download speeds, and split tunneling, all of which perform great while you work from home. Plus, unlike many other VPN providers, IPVanish has excellent customer service, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by email, phone, or live chat. Most VPNs only provide email assistance and only react within a certain number of hours each week, making such customer service a rarity. Best of all, when we joined up for a one-year membership, we got all of this for just $3.20 a month.
- Download speeds are fast;
- Torrenting avialable;
- Split Tunneling provided;
- Up to ten connections can be made at once;
- Security features that can be relied on; and
- Its servers are owned and managed by it.
- Unblocking of streaming is inconsistent;
- A little costly;
- Slower speed on Windows; and
- Not all Netflix servers are compatible.
5. Private Internet Access:
- A strict logging policy;
- Faster speeds on Windows;
- Positive feedback about the application;
- Netflix access is available;
- There are numerous servers; and
- Application comes with a lot of features.
- iPhones do not support split tunneling;
- Slower speeds on MAC;
- There is no security audit; and
- WireGuard speeds are below average.
Ivacy VPN, will keep you safe while you are online. No one would be able to access your IP addresses or surfing history because of its strict logging policy. However, we would expect that kind of service from a top-tier VPN. What we didn’t expect was how simple it was to use Ivacy VPN to view Netflix and other entertainment services. We also had no idea how affordable Ivacy VPN would be. There were no issues in general.
- Split tunneling;
- A strict logging policy;
- Long-term memberships at a reasonable price; and
- Netflix is available.
- The application for Mac is very poor;
- Only Mac and Windows have a kill switch; and
- Download rates are rather slow.
A VPN is well worth the money. Most “free” VPNs restrict the amount of time and data you can use when connected, which is a significant limitation for most people. VPNs are worth paying a few bucks a month, if you often use public Wi-Fi networks or need to connect to a private server.
If you liked this article, do check out ‘How to view Netflix’s international content?’.