Netflix has a lot of great content, but a lot of it is restricted by your region. Depending on the location you’re in, the catalog of shows and movies available to you will vary as Netflix’s content is very limited in several countries. If you travel from the United States to Spain, for example, you will find that there are considerably fewer american shows available and that you will be unable to access your regular home streaming services.
Netflix content is restricted to specific regions owing to broadcasting agreements with movie and television studios. This means that the content available on Netflix varies depending on where you are in the world. Or, to be more exact, where Netflix thinks you are.
There are a few methods to trick Netflix into believing you’re in another country. We’ll look at how to change your Netflix region and how to watch Netflix from another country in this article. Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is the simplest way to change the Netflix region. It may disguise your present location by hiding your real IP address and replacing it with one from your selected country. This means that even if you are away from home, you may still use your home country’s streaming services.
How do I change my region on Netflix for free?
- Create a Netflix account.
- After that, you’ll need to download, install, and connect to a VPN.
- Connect to a VPN in your own country.
- Go to Netflix’s official website. You should be redirected to the countryside for the location of your chosen server automatically.
- If you still haven’t, sign in to Netflix and select your movie or show, happy watching!
Are free VPNs a good choice for watching Netflix?
For several reasons, a free VPN is not a good choice for watching any form of online video content:
- Using freemium VPNs to watch Netflix can drain your data allowance: Monthly data restrictions are frequently enforced by free VPNs. As we all know, watching video consumes a lot of data, so you’ll quickly exhaust your free VPN data limit.
- A free VPN is unlikely to allow you to access region-restricted content: Netflix and other streaming providers are improving their ability to detect and disable VPNs on their servers. So much so that many premium VPN providers have stopped providing reliable Netflix access.
4 Best VPNs to change the region on Netflix
- NordVPN: The most reliable VPN for changing Netflix countries. High speeds, excellent security, and a 30-day money-back guarantee are all included.
- Surfshark: On a budget, for switching between international Netflix libraries. Security is strong, with consistent speeds and no connection limit.
- CyberGhost: Another low-cost alternative that pairs well with Netflix.
- ExpressVPN: Netflix and a variety of other streaming services are accessible. Fast connection speeds and a high level of security are available.
NordVPN: NordVPN has a massive network of streaming servers, with over 3,300 in more than 60 countries. It is well-known for its ability to safely access Netflix, and it is compatible with libraries in the United States, Canada, the Netherlands, France, Spain, the United Kingdom, Australia, and many other countries. Furthermore, this service is one of the fastest we’ve seen, making it ideal for high-resolution streaming.
Many other popular streaming services, such as Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, and BBC iPlayer, may also be accessed securely with this VPN.
- A good value and performance choice for changing the Netflix region.
- Connect 6 devices at the same time using the fastest VPN we’ve tested
- The app may be slow.
Surfshark: Surfshark collaborates with Netflix in the United States as well as Netflix in the United Kingdom, Japan, the Netherlands, India, and France. Surfshark will redirect you to the US Netflix library if you try to securely access an unsupported library. That means that no matter where you connect, every server will operate with Netflix. The best part is, Surfshark is the only provider on our list that allows an infinite number of simultaneous connections.
- Works with Netflix in the United States, the United Kingdom, and other countries.
- There are no limits on the number of devices you can use.
- A standalone smart DNS service is included.
- The server network is relatively small.
CyberGhost: CyberGhost is based in Romania and has a rapidly expanding network of over 7,000 servers in 90 countries. While it doesn’t support as many regional Netflix catalogs as NordVPN, Surfshark, or ExpressVPN, it is dedicated to enabling access to US Netflix, which has the most content. CyberGhost also works with Netflix catalogs in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, and a growing number of other countries.
Other popular sites such as BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video are also supported.
- In speed tests, it received a very high rating.
- It has a global network of over 5,000 servers in 90 countries.
- There is no Linux graphical user interface.
ExpressVPN: ExpressVPN, based in the British Virgin Islands, is a highly esteemed provider. You’ll get access to a vast variety of Netflix libraries because of its extensive network of over 3,000 servers in 94 countries. Indeed, ExpressVPN is compatible with Netflix in the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, Canada, and France, among many other countries. If a particular server fails to connect, just call a live customer service person to discover the best server to connect to.
Aside from Netflix, ExpressVPN also provides you safe access to Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and HBO Max, among other streaming services.
- Netflix libraries are accessible in a secure way.
- High download and video streaming speeds.
- In terms of privacy and security, it’s difficult to beat.
- It costs a little more than some other services.
If you’re considering using a VPN to watch Netflix, you might be concerned about copyright infringement. However, you do not need to be concerned about this. While Netflix has agreements in place with copyright holders that limit it to showing certain content in specific locations, it is up to Netflix to enforce those agreements. You may still view it regardless of where you are only if you know how to.
If you liked this article be sure to check out ‘8 VPN Hacks to save money’.
Leave a Reply