Taylor Swift is a singer, songwriter, and producer from the United States who has sold over 200 million albums in her career. Taylor Swift has a net worth of $400 million as of this writing. While performing at a Nashville diner at the age of 15, she was noticed by future music entrepreneur Scott Borchetta. Taylor was the first artist signed by Borchetta’s new label, Big Machine Records. She is now one of the most well-known and successful entertainers on the planet. She has easily earned over a net worth of $150 million in some of her touring years.
- Over 200 million albums have been sold globally.
- In her years of traveling, she has made $150 million.
- Owns real estate net worth $90 million.
- On Spotify, he holds the record for the most one-day streams.
- Taylor Swift began releasing re-records of her previous music in 2021 in an attempt to reclaim ownership of the songs. Taylor’s 10th album, Red (Taylor’s Version), debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
- Swift surprised fans by releasing “Folklore” in July 2020, which was composed and produced fully in quarantine. It was the year’s first million-selling album. “Evermore” was released as a surprise in December.
- Swift canceled all of her 2020 tour dates following the Covid-19 outbreak, with intentions to reschedule some for 2021.
- Swift has used her celebrity to promote political activism, with her 2019 hit “You Need To Calm Down” asking listeners to support the Equality Act.
Early Life of Taylor Swift
Taylor Alison Swift was born in West Reading, Pennsylvania, on December 13, 1989. James Taylor, a musician, inspired her name. Her early years were spent on a Christmas tree farm with her parents, Scott and Andrea, and her brother, Austin. She went to a Montessori school for preschool and kindergarten before starting first grade at The Wyndcroft School.
Taylor became interested in musical theatre when she was nine years old. In New York City, she also took singing and acting lessons. Shania Twain inspired her to start listening to country music. As a tween and teenager, she performed at neighborhood gatherings and festivals. She eventually convinced herself that she needed to visit Nashville, and she and her mother traveled to submit Taylor’s early demo of Dolly Parton and The Chicks covers.
Endorsements and Earnings
Taylor made a net worth of roughly $50 million between June 2016 and June 2017. Swift has made more than $150 million from record sales, tours, merchandising, and sponsorships over the course of several years. Taylor, for example, made $170 million net worth between June 2015 and June 2016, partly because of the hugely successful 1989 world tour. Taylor’s empire made $185 million between June 2018 and June 2019, thanks largely to the $266 million grossed by her “Reputation” stadium tour. She earned $64 million between June 2019 and June 2020.
Taylor has collaborated with hundreds of companies for endorsements and partnerships throughout her career.
- Taylor Swift has large real estate holdings. She is the owner of approximately $90 million in real estate in the United States.
- Nashville: At the age of 20, she purchased a condo in downtown Nashville that is now worth $3 million. She paid $2.5 million buying a huge mansion in Nashville’s outskirts in 2011.
- Rhode Island: She purchased a 12,000 square-foot waterfront property in Rhode Island for $6.65 million in 2013.
- New York City: Taylor owns apartments in New York City valued at $50 million. Her first purchase in Manhattan was a penthouse in Tribeca in 2014, which she later converted into a 10-bedroom duplex that is now likely worth more than $20 million on its own. She paid $12.5 million for the 100-year-old four-story penthouse next to the duplex in 2017. She spent $10 million on a new condo in her previous building in February 2018.
- She resides in a $30 million property in Los Angeles, which she bought in September 2015.